Follow Me

       

I'm Mizu and a beauty blogger from Malaysia since 2010. I'm very passionate in beauty and addicted to Korea Cosmetics. I love making friends all over the world besides enjoying mangas and animes.

Welcome to my blog

Monday, June 20, 2016

[UPDATED REVIEW] Etude House Twin Shot LipsxTint


Hi guys!

Today I'll be reviewing this new tint from Etude House. I just can't resist the cuteness and thought that I wanted to get two colors from the whole list. However, another color got a little bit of problem and it might took a while so I just proceed with the current color that I have now. 

This is in the color of BR401 (Mug x Chai Shot) which is suppose to be brownish, kinda nudy color just like the Etude House "BR" color shade for its lip products. I always love this type of color especially from Etude House and most probably I have the pretty same color for most of Etude House lip products..haha  

Anyway, let's go to the review :)


Brand : Etude House
Net Weight : 0.17 oz. x 0.08 oz. / 5g x 2.5g
Production : Made in Korea
Color : BR401 (Mug x Chai Shot) and Pk002 (Inner x Peace Shot)

Ingredients for BR401: 
Mousse Tint : Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Mica (Cl 77891), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Synthethic Wax, Trisiloxane, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Polyglyceryl-2 Disoatearate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disostearyl Malate, Methicone, Red 6 (cl 15850), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491), Blue 1 Lake (Cl 42090), Polygryceryl-2 Triisostearate, Polyethylene, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Carbonate, Fragrance, Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 19140).

Tint Shot : Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Vinyl Dimethicone/ Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Polygryceryl-2 Diisostearate, Silica, Cyclohexasiloxane, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Polygryceryl-2 Triisostearate, Synthethic Wax,Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Iron Oxides (Cl 77491), Red 7 (Cl 15850), Polyhdroxystearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Red 27 (Cl 45410), Fragrance, Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 19140).

Ingredients for PK002 :
Changing Tint : Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalene, Polyethylene, Diisostearyl Malate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Red 27 (Cl 4510), Blue 1 Lake (Cl 42090) Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Fragrance.

Pearl Tint Shot : Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalene, Synthethic Fluorphlogopite, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Polyethylene, Red 27 (Cl 45410), Tin Oxide, Fragrance.


You click the black button to push the tint shot out.




After you wiped off the mousse, you'll see a tiny hole for the tint.

Mousse on the left and tint on the right.



Since I don't want to create a new post for this so I just update the review I already posted added with some explanations below. This is the color that I said were coming later and it took me longer than I expected.


This is in the color of PK002 - Inner x Peace Shot. Originally I was targeting the PK001 but since looks like it is interesting so I ended up picking this.



Left is the "pearl tint shot" and right is the "changing tint".

As for the other color, most of it are"mousse" and "tint" but this doesn't apply for the color alone.
Based on the box, it says that the blue is the "changing tint" and the light pink is the "tint shot"

With the "changing tint" in the blue color on tube.

This swatches is added with the "pearl tint shot" in light pink in color.


REVIEW FOR BR401
The mousse tint is in nude color and the tint shot is more like pinky orange in color. It might differ on each person and the tint shot came out on my lip is more to orangey than pinky orange.

The texture of the mousse is almost similar to A'pieu Sarangbit Painting Tint which is almost powdery in finish but this Etude House twin shot is more moisturizing than that. It is also very light in texture which it spreads very thin on the lips. Whilst the tint shot have a brighter in color but when it was mixed with the mousse tint, it turns paler. Both colors are build able in coverage, especially the tint shot where you can opted for a brighter color by building the color on the lips.

Both colors are super easy to apply using the applicator provided and it doesn't take long to fully cover up my lips. The slanted applicator is really much of a help.

The packaging, it is quite big than the rest of the tint I have, even the Etude House darling tint is a little bit smaller than this. I actually don't like the combined packaging which you can get the mousse and tint on the same applicator coz it just a little waste. For example, you only wanted the tint shot but there is mousse tint on top of the tiny hole and you have to wiped that up before you can get the tint shot.

Secondly, the tint shot is so hard to get out especially for the first time clicking. If I'm not wrong, Etude House advice their customer to click the button for only 2-3 times for the first time as the tint takes time to go out but no matter how long I wait, 2-3 times is not enough! I wait for about 10 minutes after clicking 2-3 times and nothing came out!lol and I think I click about 20 more times to finally have the product.
(Update : They changed the packaging which the two colors are separated in double ends! I guess they do get lots of complaint over this clicking packaging)

After the first use, you actually don't have to click that much but since 1-2 clicks takes too long for the product to come out, I usually click more than that but ended up with too many products coming out non-stop..geh, another waste. So basically, this is not a product you would use when you're in a hurry though. XD

This product is not long lasting as it fades away after eating or drinking but the tint shot will leave a hint of tint behind even the mousse tint have completely gone. (Update : I do notice that the "tint" leave a stain on the lip and last a lot longer than the "mousse")

For dry lips, I suggest you wearing lip balm before applying this as it might dries out after a few hours on lips.

Despite having problem with the packaging, I still like the tint because of the pretty color and it doesn't dry out my lips as I thought it would be.

REVIEW FOR PK002
The texture of this tint is liquid-y and both of them are tint. The blue color will turn to a purple-y pink color on the lip after applied but depends on a person's lip, the color may turn darker or lighter. In case of my dark pigmented lips, it did turn quite bright purple and it is quite glossy too. However, later in the day, I find it gradually turn into red in color although there is still a purple hint left to it.

As for the light pink tint, there is gold shimmer in it ,probably you can't see much in the lip swatch but from the hand swatch, you can see the gold shimmer reflects the light although my camera can't catch the gold shimmer properly. This color is pretty glossy too and thinner in consistency than the blue tint and because of that, it settle into my lip fine lines as you can see in the second lip swatches.

I'm not sure how to say about this color since I find it way to glossy for my liking, it's not sticky btw but it feel uncomfortable to feel like there is something on the lip and it feels heavy at that. Most of the time I have to blot a little to lessen the glossiness. It would be great if you can use a lip brush instead of direct apply but I don't have that much time as I'm lazy tho!XD I preferred using the applicator given.

Other than that, I find that this color is a little too purple for my pigmented lips and I don't think it looks good on me as it make my whole face looks dull. I always had to add a little red to lessen the purple. However, this is a personal opinion and I do saw a lot of people looks good in it but not me ;(

I rate this :

Thank you for reading :)
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll get back as soon as possible :D